Monday, May 08, 2006

ShutterMom Comes Out of the BlogCloset

As some of you may have heard (from the Terrifying Blogging Overlord or other sources), ClubMom has gone blog. Well, not all blog but at least some blog and that's pretty great. At least I think so. And why is that? Well, I answered the call to be one of their Founding Bloggers and they went for it. Yes, what you read is true, I got a paying blog job. And to that I say "YAY!" and also "YIKES!" because I'm thinking what you're thinking, how the hell am I gonna come up with something everyday to write about. And if that alone doesn't put the fear of God in me, my daughter seems to have chosen this moment in time to give up napping which only means less time to attempt to write something of any value for TheClub. The pressure! Breathe, breathe. But, I'm really trying not to freak-out just yet. There's plenty of time to be fearful, tired, and up all night blogging. Right now I am giddy and nervous and eager to get the blogball rollin' and start my new adventure.

OK, so I got a job. But, what's it all about? Simply stated, I'm gonna get all up on my pedestal and talkatcha like I know what I'm talking about even more than I do now, and I'll be doing it from a new web address and have to follow a "theme" if you will. My home at TheClub will be labeled as "Photography and Art" I guess, which would make sense being that photography is my "thing" however, there's going to be more to it than that. My thoughts flap and fly amidst all-things-creative and it's my intention to write about anything and everything that floats my artistic boat. Photography? That's a given. Art? Sure. Crafts? Sometimes (I do have young children and I dig the crafts). Encouraging you (yes you) to write, document everything that moves (somethings that don't), and recognize the value of creating beautiful things for yourself and with your children? That's a yes, yes, and yes, in a big fat run-on sentence nutshell. There's lots of tid-bits I've got up my sleeve that I hope will get you over there to read my stuff, and if it all goes as planned, keep you reading. Time will tell.

So now you know what's on the horizon for me and hopefully for you. I hope you'll come on over to ClubMom and see what's cookin'. There's a bunch of really cool women who will be doin' it so there will be a ton of stuff to read. Amalah has already begun so be sure to read her "round up". Yeehaw!

Although my ClubBlog isn't officially launched yet (soon, very soon) you can register with ClubMom (it's freeeee) so you're poised and ready. Click on the big red square button down there on the right sidebar (see it down there?) and do your thing. Then, once you've registered, you can participate in the "Network"(or not). You'll find me there. I'm ShutterMom and I want to be your ClubFriend.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG RED BUTTON HAS BEEN LAUNCHED! I'm all signed up and ready to read your fabulous blogs! Good luck to you on this adventure! I know you'll be fabulous! People will LOVE to you!
xo
k

Anonymous said...

I'm "atoddlermom" - we're very original with our name choices LOL. HEH.

As always, congrats!

Heather Bea said...

Congrats to you on your paid blogging job. You will be great! I was just about to post on the topic of photographing kids, now I know you will be my expert helper in that area.

Tere said...

Wow! How great for you! Felicidades!

Bridgermama said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

I always enjoy your writing, so it's nice to know I'll have one more place to go to get my fix.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's great news :)