Friday, May 12, 2006

Saved

I was rescued by a superhero this morning. I was reminded of the beauty and joy that is life.
In an attempt to show my appreciation and admiration, I am using her post as a springboard into my own.

Zero Circle

Be helpless, dumbfounded
Unable to say yes or no.
Then a stretcher will come from grace to gather us up.

We are too dull-eyed to see that beauty.
If we say we can, we're lying.
If we say No, we don't see it, that No will behead us
And shut tight our window onto spirit.

So let us rather not be sure of anything,
Beside ourselves, and only that, so
Miraculous beings come running to help.
Crazed, lying in a zero circle, mute,
We shall be saying finally,
With tremendous eloquence, Lead us.
When we have totally surrendered to that beauty,
We shall be a mighty kindness.
-Rumi
Thank you Andrea for sharing that.

1 comment:

Tere said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!