Friday, August 29, 2008

We're All in This Together

First of all, let me offer an enormous thank you to all of you for your birthday wishes. From comments to emails to phone calls, I was overwhelmed with love! Thank you, thank you.


Besides my birthday, I just discovered that yesterday was Nie Nie day. After poking around from link to link for the details of what it all means, I am left with a big dose of perspective and an overwhelming sense of gratitude that in this sometimes surreal world of bloggering we are all connected.



Case in point- tragedy pulls us together in a way that is beyond inspiring. It is life changing. We don't know each other in many cases but our stories, or joys, our struggles are universal. We relate to and respect one another. We are a community of people that openly share our lives with one another with honor and courage and love. It is a privilege to be a part of something that authentic and powerful and it is, among countless other things, what keeps me blogging.

Design Mom is holding a silent auction in honor of Stephanie (Nie) and her husband Christian, to offer financial support for the Nielson family during these difficult days. I felt compelled to share it with you so that we continue the circle of the true community we have created, where we take care of one another because it's not only what we do, it's who we are.

No comments: