Monday, August 27, 2007

40 Things

Inspired by Janine's list at Destinations and in honor of my 4oth Birthday I have decided to attempt the 100 Things list. Remember that one?

I'm starting off with 40 (of course) and I'll eventually build on that.

Here goes-

I drink milk with dinner.

I read Oprah Magazine cover to cover.

I like doing crafts.

I have never lived anywhere outside of So Cal.

I’ve watched baby sea turtles hatch and make their way to the ocean.

I will always love the Grateful Dead.

I’ve broken 3 bones.

I was a cheerleader in High School.

I wish I could play the piano.

I don’t like lattes.

I still miss Sex and the City.

My first concert was to see Journey.

I put notes in my daughter’s lunch everyday.

I believe in magic.

I live for my 50mm compact micro lens.

I gave birth twice without an epidural.

I’ve been to Key West.

I actually like Chuck E. Cheeses.

I’ve shot too many weddings to count.

I’m a published author.

I don’t brush my hair.

I’ve been called a beer snob.

I’m a Nintendo Ambassador but I’m not a gamer.

I cry every time I read On The Day You Were Born to my kids.

I keep a stash of MnMs in my office closet.

I love my minivan.

I hate to mop.

I order oatmeal at restaurants.

Nature is my sanctuary.

My first car was a VW Bug.

I touched Justin Timberlake.*

I couldn’t live without my girlfriends.

I lost the diamond from my wedding ring and then found it.

I had a blood clot after the birth of my second child that went undetected for a week.

I wear slippers but not a robe.

I used to sing at open mic nights with a friend.

I like to watch golf on tv.

I traveled across country in a VW once when I was 5 and again when I was 25.

I eat ice cream almost every night.

I am 40.



*Just on his shoulder as I was trying to get by. And no, he didn’t touch me back.

8 comments:

Left-handed Trees... said...

Happy Birthday! I loved your list...to the Grateful Dead, I say oh yeah! I also shared your belief in magic and your epidural free birth--hmm, wondering now if these two go together! ;)
Love,
D.

Anonymous said...

I love reading these things! Great list. It's so interesting to find out some of the little things that makes up a person (that you've never met).

Melody A. said...

Happy Birthday! And I don't brush my hair either.

Cari said...

A belated happy happy birthday, Tracey. I hope you had a wonderful day and that it is the start of a great year for you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Loved your list and I could include 12 of your "things" on a list of my own. :)

I missed TT today at Picture This. It's not been a pretty week.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Tracey! And take it from me, 40 is fine. :)
Love,
Cindy, George, and Rachel

m.e. said...

Happy belated birthday, Tracey! Love your list. You are truly fabulous at 40 and an inspiration to me and so many others. Rock on, momma!!

littlepurplecow said...

What a great list! No epidural? Are you kidding me. What a woman! And cheers to forty years.