Friday, April 21, 2006

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Time is escaping me as always, but before my "gig" comes and goes I want to at least make mention of it. I am speaking at a "Mom's Morning Out" at Once Upon A Story THIS Wednesday from like 9:30-11am or so. I'll be chatting about stuff like documenting life with your children (journaling, photographs, keepsakes, etc.) and will use my books as a reference, of course. Although they are written for expectant and new moms, much of what I'll cover can easily transfer over into life with older children as well.

I would adore it if any of you local readers could come. You are out there, aren't you? Anyway, it's a lovely children's bookstore, chock-full of cool stuff and I'm looking forward to spending the morning there. Kids are welcome but it's YOUR time so if you want to come solo or with a friend, go for it!

6 comments:

Mom101 said...

I'm heading to LA monday and for a second I got all excited that I could come! But alas, it's right when I'll be headed back to lax. Hope the event is a great succcess.

tracey clark said...

RATS!!! That would have been SWEET! Maybe next time. I'll be doing more of them. Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Have got to be at school during your moment in the sun...sorry! I know you'll be a smashing success!
xo
k

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

If and when you do an East Coast swing (Hello? Boston area please!) I will be there. Unfortunately, the cost of the plane ticket to Cali prohibits me from supporting you in person, but I will be there in spirit!

nancy@lightonance.com said...

good luck trace! I envy those who can be there.

Anonymous said...

I would absolutely love to come, but I have a school meeting tomorrow morning. Darn!

I've been meaning to check out the bookstore, ever since you posted about it awhile back. When I make it out there with my girls I'll let you know - maybe we can meet for coffee!

(I was just in Long Beach on Sunday night to see David Sedaris.)